Every patient has the right to receive high quality care that is safe, effective and respects their privacy and dignity. Providing every patient with same sex accommodation helps to safeguard their privacy and dignity when they often feel at their most vulnerable.
UKSH is pleased to offer only same sex inpatient accommodation at its hospitals in the South West and this has never been breached.
Inpatient accommodation at our facilities at Emersons Green, Peninsula and Shepton Mallet offer a range of accommodation from single rooms through to a small number of four-bedded bays. Every room has en-suite bathroom facilities which are for patient use only.
Patients admitted for day case procedures will be allocated areas dependent upon their clinical need. Individual privacy and dignity will be maintained through providing:
• Semi-permanent screens or curtains around each clinical bay
• Clearly labelled and lockable toilet facilities
• Individual changing facilities
• Gowns / dressing gowns appropriate for the needs of individual patients
• Patients of the same sex will be grouped together where desirable, but treatment options will be determined by clinical need
UKSH recognises that patients need to feel secure in their environment and will continue to deliver same sex accommodation for all inpatients.
In the unlikely event of our care falling short of our policy and Department of Health (DH) guidance, we will report it in line with DH requirements. We will also set up audit mechanisms to make sure that we do not misclassify any of our reports.
For further information, please contact the treatment centre direct by clicking here.